We give you:
- The right of access to your information
- The right to rectification of your information
- The right to erasure of your information
- The right to restrict processing of your information
- The right to data portability should it be required
- The right to object to usage and storage of your information
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling as relevant.
Collecting information about you
- provide us your personal information and contact details;
- order or purchase Diamond Dealers Club of Australia products and/or services
- enter your personal information on the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website or other Diamond Dealers Club of Australia-owned properties;
- participate in a Diamond Dealers Club of Australia competition;
- interact with us through social media (including Facebook and Twitter);
- register on the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website/s
- contact us; we may also keep a record of that contact.
- We will only collect additional personal information with your consent.
Information you give us
We collect and store all the information you enter yourself into your Account and Email Newsletter Preference center, including personal information such as your name, addresses, phone number, email address; information about your orders; personal communications with us; and your newsletter preferences.
We collect and store any information you give to us when you contact us through our customer contact channels eg phone, email, chat, contact center, social media; that is relevant to you or us for the purposes of updating your information, or improving our service to you or offering you new products and services if relevant.
Information from your use of our websites and services
We collect and store information about your usage of our website when you browse and shop with us. This includes technical information such as your browser type; device type; IP address; length of time you are on part of a page, a page and the site, and other technical information.
Information collected and stored from browsing our websites is anonymous unless you are logged into your account and have visited us before, in which case this information is associated with your account by cookies that our servers place on your computer so that we can improve your browsing and shopping experience and offer further service and products to you onsite; by email (unless you have unsubscribed from such services); by retargeting services on other platforms via cookies eg social media; and other online properties not associated with us also via cookies.
We collect and store the above information in server logs and our database.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Diamond Dealers Club of Australia’s purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with:
- the ability for you and Diamond Dealers Club of Australia to complete or progress your order or transaction with us
- information that interests you
- information about events; and
- special offers that are relevant to you
Diamond Dealers Club of Australia will not use or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law;
- Diamond Dealers Club of Australia believes it necessary to fulfil the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with services or products which you have requested; or
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of other users of the website, any member of the public or of Diamond Dealers Club of Australia.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience in using the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website, your personal information may be used to send you advertisements about products and services that we think you are likely to be interested in.
Diamond Dealers Club of Australia does not disclose your personal information to advertisers. We use the services of one or more trusted service providers located overseas to use and process personal information for the explicit purpose of fraud detection, transaction processing, or for providing a product or service to you, in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. In order to operate the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website, fulfill the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver products or services, Diamond Dealers Club of Australia will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies or third parties without your consent.
When Diamond Dealers Club of Australia will contact you
When you complete a purchase with Diamond Dealers Club of Australia, you are presented with a comprehensive way to manage what marketing communications you wish to receive – if any – from Diamond Dealers Club of Australia. Similarly, when you create an account or subscribe to Diamond Dealers Club of Australia’s newsletters, your preferences can be managed by you in their entirety.
Types of communications you may receive
- updated information about the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website;
- information about our products and services which may interest you; and
- other information about upcoming events – such as discount promotions which may interest you.
- Any communication enabled in the newsletter preferences area in your account
If you are receiving promotional information about Diamond Dealers Club of Australia and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by visiting the Diamond Dealers Club of Australia website and updating your newsletter preferences in your account. Please allow up to 3 business days for this request to be processed.
You can access the information Diamond Dealers Club of Australia keeps about you
If at any time you want to know what personal information Diamond Dealers Club of Australia holds about you, you can log into your Account and view the information you gave us. If you have further questions, you can contact us by phone.
Block or Delete Cookies
You can delete the cookies that our websites and associated services have placed in your browser. You should be aware however that your browsing or shopping experience may be reduced.
Use Incognito or ‘Safe Browsing’ mode in your browser
These modes allow you to browse the web without recording web pages and files in your browser. All cookies get deleted after you’ve closed all of your incognito windows and tabs and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them.
Changing and updating the information Diamond Dealers Club of Australia has about you
If at any time you wish to change your personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Customer by email and we will amend your personal information accordingly
Deleting the information Diamond Dealers Club of Australia has about you or stopping any further advertising material or other communications
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let Diamond Dealers Club of Australia know by contacting us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information unless it must
Storage and security of your personal information
Diamond Dealers Club of Australia will do everything reasonable and in its’ power to keep secure the personal information which Diamond Dealers Club of Australia holds about you. Access to this information is restricted only to Diamond Dealers Club of Australia employees who have specific authorisation. Diamond Dealers Club of Australia also continually endeavours to improve security safeguards using the most stringent, industry-accepted online security and internal processes. That said, Diamond Dealers Club of Australia will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information, but will do everything in our power to prevent it.
What to do if you have a problem or question